ColorChecker Passport Video
Colour Balance and Control for Filmmaking from Shoot to Edit
The X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video will get you to a worry-free, colour balanced and consistently
neutral place, with ideal camera exposure, faster than ever before. This essential colour chart will enable
you to get a better camera-to-camera match, achieve perfect exposure, and easily shoot and edit for
mixed lighting in a convenient portable protective casel The ColorChecker Passport Video will help to reduce
your video editing time, allowing you to get your creative look faster.
||Video Colour Target: Includes 6 chromatic colour chips aligned with video
production, 6 skin tones chips, 6 grey balance chips, and 6 highlights and shadow chips (including a high
gloss black) to achieve the ideal colour balance.
||Greyscale Target: 3 steps include white highlight, 40 IRE midtone grey, and
saturated high gloss black reference patches to achieve perfect exposure.
||White Balance Target: Create custom in-camera white balance for a consistent
neutral point, eliminating the need to colour correct each frame later.
||Focus Target: A chart facilitating centre and edge focus.
||Portable Protective Case: Adjusts to accommodate multiple positions so you
can tailor the targets to any scene.
Use these charts for a variety of applications, including:
- Colour grading
- Colour balancing
- Grey balancing
- Setting perfect exposure
- Colour matching multiple cameras
- Shooting and editing for mixed lighting
3rd Party Software Support
ColorChecker Passport Video is supported by the followin 3rd party software solutions for improved
colour grading efficiencies:
- Size: 4.92" x 3.54" x .35" (12.5cm x 9cm x 0.9cm)
- Weight: 3 oz (80 grams)
- Humidity range: 85% or less, non-condensing
- Temperature range for normal use of the case: 32° - 104° F ( 0° - 40° C )
Video Colour Target
Specifically designed for today's video production workflow.
The video colour target includes four rows of colour chips designed for video capture and editing, giving you
a powerful chart to speed up colour grading.
- Chromatic Colours: six chips specifically designed to align with the colour axis on a vectroscope
- Skin Tones: ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones
- Linear Greyscale: six steps for even grey balance including highlight and shadow regions
- Highlight and Shadow Greys: six black and white patches including a high gloss black to capture
the full range of your video camera
Enhanced for achieving ideal camera exposure for video production.
The Greyscale target includes 3 rows of white, 40IRE grey, and hgh gloss black colour chips. This target
- align the exposure and contrast of cameras you may be matching
- ensures that mid-tones, such as flesh tones, are rendered accurately
White Balance Target
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colours you capture are true and provides
a point of reference for post-shoot editing.
The White Balance target is a spectrally flat target that provides a neutral reference point across mixed
lighting conditions that you encounter during a video shoot. Since the target reflects light equally across
the visible spectrum, creating an in-camera custom white balance can properly compensate for varying
With this colour chart you'll be able to:
- Eliminate colour casts
- Improve the colour preview on your camera's display so your histograms are more reliable
- Make post production colour correction and editing faster and easier by eliminating the need to
neutralize each frame individually
Why can't I use just any white object for white balancing?
White balancing on a piece of paper or other grey element in the scene may seem like a simple workaround
but most objects are not actually neutral under all lighting conditions; and they're certainly not consistent.
An inaccurate white balance will result in colour casts, and a lack of consistency between lighting conditions,
making colour corrections extremely time consuming.
This handy card will always be at your fingertips to facilitate centre and edge focusing.
RED are Canadian Dollars.
Prices in BLUE are US Dollars.
Prices subject to change without notice.
Please Note: Not all items listed in the catalogue are regularly stocked.
Please call or email to check current inventory levels.
For volume orders, please call for a quote. Tel: 416-588-6712
Toll Free: 1-888-516-3333
We are not limited to the products on this site. Please call or email us
and we'll do our best to locate your product.