The Grip Book 5th Edition
Written by Michael G. Uva. Discover the A-Zs of professional film gripping with The Grip Book, Fifth Edition which has been updated and revised to be even more valuable to professional grips - the "jack-of-all-trades and master of all" on a film or video set.
Learn how to install, set up, maintain, and ensure the safety of all equipment needed on a set, such as lighting stands, cameras, and any specialty equipment needed for a shoot. This new edition contains information about the latest equipment and has been updated to reflect changes in the industry including CGI screen setup and 'cleaning up the perms.' The Grip Book also teaches readers how to become a professional grip and have a successful career, and is an indispensable learning tool and reference for grips of all experience levels.
- Companion website, TheGripBook.com, includes videos that explain what to use, when to use it, and where to get it
- Offers detailed information on the use and operation of the latest rigging equipment
- Includes hard-to-find information for difficult camera mounts such as those on aircrafts, boats, cars, and trains
- Time-tested tips and tricks for smooth and safe setup and operation
- Tips on set etiquette and how to succeed as a technical crew member
Written by Michael G. Uva, a well-respected key grip in Hollywood, with over 25 years of experience in film, TV, movies, and commercials. Including the recent hit shows "Curb your enthusiasm", "Nip/Tuck", and "Everybody Hates Chris". He is the author of all three editions of the popular The Grip Book published by Focal Press.
- What This Book Is About
- Getting Started
- A Little Grip History
- The Grip Department
- Typical Day for a Grip
- Call Sheet
- Grip Job Description (From a Medical Perspective)
- The Big Break (Strictly for the Brand-New Grip!)
- Set Etiquette
- Being a Professional Crew Member
- Being Professional When You're Boss
- Location Etiquette: Getting Along with Locals
- Some Thoughts on Equipment
- Last Thoughts and Parting Advice
- Ron Dexter's Suggested Book and Source List
- Essential Equipment
- Basic Tool Descriptions
- Filters and Gels
- Techniques for Mounting the Camera
- Cables, Slings, and Hardware
- Cranes, Jibs, Arms, Dollies, and Heads
- Cranes Mounted on Wheeled Bases
- Lenny Arms
- Precision Cadillac Track and Chapman Lencin
- Fluid and Remote Heads
- General Tricks of the Trade
- The Rental House
- Field Operation
RED are Canadian Dollars.
Prices in BLUE are US Dollars.
Prices subject to change without notice.
Please Note: Not all items listed in the catalogue are regularly stocked.
Please call or email to check current inventory levels.
For volume orders, please call for a quote. Tel: 416-588-6712
Toll Free: 1-888-516-3333
We are not limited to the products on this site. Please call or email us
and we'll do our best to locate your product.